Pars Tousheh Investment Company was established in August 23, 1978, under Reg. No.: 32768, with the partnership of the private sector (40.4% of shares), Industries and Mines Development Bank (19.9% of shares) and Toshiba Corporation of Japan (39.7% of shares) targeting the obtainment and acquisition of shares of industrial and commercial companies. After the victory of the Islamic Revolution, the shares belonging to Toshiba Corporation was purchased by the Iranian Stockholders in October 1984 and further, the shares of Industries and Mines Bank were also sold to the private sector. In March 1996, the company's name was inserted in the list of companies admitted to the Stock Exchange, and the first deal on 2,600 shares, was conducted on 18th March 1996, and the mentioned shares were exchanged between 32,000 and 32,028 Rials.
On the strength of Article No. 4 of the Articles-of-Association of the Company, fields of activities of the Company are as follows:
- Purchasing, sales and management of shares of production, commercial, services, agricultural, mining and constructional companies.
- Direct investment or partnership in founding, development and completing of industrial, agricultural, mining and construction projects;
- Attempting to encourage and facilitate the investment matter, by providing investment management consulting services or through practicing management on investments.
- Obtaining financial and credit facilities from banks or other credit institutions, whether private, public, domestic or foreign ones.
- Procurement, purchase, sales, import and export of goods and various products operations that are, directly or indirectly, relevant to the fields of activities of the Company.
- Obtaining representation/agency licences, establishment of branches and granting representation/agency permissions to the firms either inside or outside the country.